Sunday, April 4, 2010

Morbid Baby Mystery

About six months ago, my sister came to visit and we were watching some sort of BBC or PBS mystery when I had a memory of a plot. I'm not sure if it was a book I read, a Charlie's Angels episode (RIP John Forsythe!) or a Four O'Clock Movie. The plot details are hazy.

The setting is a private all-girl's school or sorority.
There is a former student or female detective who goes back to investigate.
I think there is some sort of building project that uncovered an infant's skeleton that was put down a chute of an old building.
I think there is a matron in the building, maybe a wealthy donor, who ends up being the girl who killed the baby. Or maybe the baby was stillborn.

This seems specific enough to find but I haven't found anything that seems right so far. Every few weeks I think about it again though.

Last night I downloaded a recorded book by Catherine Aird called A Late Phoenix:

Decades ago, Germans bombed the village at Lamb Lane. But now redevelopment is under way. During the excavation, a workman finds the skeleton of a pregnant girl with a bullet lodged in her spine. The trail is definitely stone cold when C. D. Sloan takes on the case.

This is not the right plot, although I think I did read it at some point during college, but it inspired me to look a bit harder. I've just spent my morning reading the plot summaries of Charlie's Angels episodes. No luck, but I did find these that may have mixed in my mind with other plots from other bad TV shows and 70s movies:

Episode 65 Teen Angels: When a murder occurs at a posh all-girls school, the Angels assume false identities only to discover a ring of girls involved in drug and alcohol abuse. Guest star: Audrey Landers

Episode 79 Angels on Campus: Tiffany and the Angels return to college when several of Tiffany's sorority sisters are kidnapped. They uncover a white slavery ring with links to a handsome professor and Tiff's college house mother.


Speaking of infanticide and 70s movies ...



More music videos should include creepy dioramas and mannequins.

No comments:

Post a Comment