Monday, June 28, 2010

Speak to Me

I can't feel too bad about my current dilemma: my fancy new apartment is so big that when I have the stereo on in the living room, I can't hear it in the kitchen.

I need to get a little speaker dock for my iPod. The speakers on my laptop don't cut it and I am tired of plugging and unplugging the thing and moving it with me from room to room.

I think I've narrowed my choices down to:
Philips DS7550 Fidelio Portable Speaker Dock about $130


Yamaha PDX-30 Speaker Dock for iPod and iPhone about $150


Bose® SoundDock® Portable Digital Music System $400


I'll probably go with a cheaper model since I think I need to replace my speaker speakers too. I've had them for about a decade and they were scavenged from my friend C's garage. I have no idea how long they were there or where they came from. I keep getting a lot of static from one of them to the point it is hard to listen to anything.

I really hate shopping for stuff like this. The online reviews from "normal people" are pretty obnoxious with lots of sniping back and forth. Who knew that Bose could raise such hackles and stir such emotion?

No comments:

Post a Comment