Sunday, June 27, 2010

Shoe Polish



I've dyed my hair.
Actually, I've had my hair "glazed."
Like a doughnut.

This is the first time since I was 17 that I've colored my hair and it is pretty subtle. No one has even noticed at work.



None-the-less, I feel far removed from classy Grey Goddess Emmylou and in touch with my Siouxsie Sioux side. I've also been thinking about a high school friend, M, who used to dye her hair black and had the knick-name "Shoe Polish." M. loved Joy Division and every time we went to the Detroit Institute of Arts (which we did fairly often now that I think of it) we would go to the Northern Renaissance section to look at a portrait we thought looked like Ian Curtis. I really need to get back to the DIA to see who the artist was and to spend some time with the Diego Rivera murals.

No comments:

Post a Comment