Thursday, December 9, 2010

Green

My bus goes past Cabrini Green every day. Last week I talked to a woman about how we had been seeing the same Pepto pink, wrecking ball exposed room for a month or so. Work seemed to have stopped on demolishing the final tower. Just tonight, I talked to a friend about the documentary Hoop Dreams and how I get on my bus at the now abandoned Pizza Hut you see in the movie and ride past the housing stack.



For the past 5+ years, the road in front of Cabrini Green has had the worst pot holes I have ever bounced over. I'm pretty sure L1-L4 of my spinal column has been jostled out of place by bad CTA bus shocks and potholes as deep as China. And then, magically, in the past month as the last residents were shipped out, the pot holes were finally filled.

No comments:

Post a Comment