Friday, September 25, 2009

Beer and Cheese for Dinner

I'm having beer and cheese for dinner because I am too tired to do anything more elaborate than open a bottle and slice off a slab of cheese. Of course this makes me think of Wisconsin, so I thought maybe I'd put on some sort of "Wisconsin music" to listen to while I ate.

Nothing sprang right to mind (other than a friends' now defunct band) so I started Googling "famous people born in Wisconsin." I admit I don't know who many of the musicians listed are, but all in all, I'm calling WI out for a really lame track record for rock stars.

I had it narrowed it down to Steve Miller, Liberace and Gordon Gano when I remembered Bon Iver. I knew he was squirreled away in a cold cabin and that seemed pretty Wisconsin, so I checked. Get him on your lists, Cheeseheads!

I'm currently listening to a really bizarre shuffled playlist of Bon Iver and Violent Femmes songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment