Sunday, May 9, 2010

I'm like a one-eyed cat, peepin' in a sea-food store ....




Call me crazy but I love packing. I wander around the house and look at stuff; I listen to music. What's not to love? During the day I have big pots of tea and at night I open a bottle of wine.

I'm also playing the "100 Things" game where I have to get rid of 100 things. I keep a log of things I get rid of in my journal on another site where I visit a group of online friends I've had since .... 2003? I'm secretly hoping it will be 200 things or maybe even 300 things. My new apartment is bigger but I like a less cluttered place. My desire for the "Museum of Round" and collection of burned out tubes battles with my desire for Japanese simplicity flair.



My success is mixed. I did a good job getting rid of a dozen mystery paperbacks and yet I just packed up a bunch of beeswax candle stubs. You know, for the next time I melt them down to make a new candle.

The kitchen is turning out to be an epic failure. I've inherited the trait for emotional connections to dishes from my mom and sister. And the cookbooks are silly, I have not gotten rid of one even though I rarely use them.

I'm posting photos of some of my favorites and listening to Catherine Russell doing Kitchen Man.

1 comment:

  1. What is that in the lower left corner of the Liquifier book? A giant Olive?
    I'll have to check when I get home and see if the image is more clear in the original.
    Yuck, who wants to eat pulverized olives?

    ReplyDelete