Sunday, May 9, 2010

Five Years

It dawned on me a few minutes ago that I've lived in this apartment for five years.
While most of me loves the hope and freshness of moving, at some stage in the process I always get very blue. I recognize the feelings of hope and anticipation as being the same as the last time I moved. I'll be standing in an empty room and feeling excited about the dinner parties and visits and happy moments I'll likely have there and remember having that same feeling in an empty room I just moved out of. I'll wonder who will sleep in my new room with me, if I'll always live in my new apartment alone and if this will be the last place I live alone ... and then remember I wondered that in my last apartment too.

And then I usually contemplate just how bad the water pressure will be, whether or not there will be ants in the kitchen and what I should do about my old curtains not fitting my new windows.

Life moves on.

No comments:

Post a Comment