Saturday, May 1, 2010

Life and Flowers

Life has gotten in the way of ....life.

I've had no time for any of the fun things I like to do day to day. I am behind on returning phone calls and text messages, I've missed several weeks of sewing studio, I have not been to yoga in weeks, I have made no progress on my Ozzy or my David Bowie biographies, and I have not written here since before taxes were due.

On the plus side, I am really looking forward to May and sticking close to home. Thursday I ordered used copies of all the editions of Da Capo Best Music Writing and I already have 2000. 2002 and 2009 in hand

May also has May Crowning, my favorite church music season after Lent.
Hail Holy Queen Enthroned Above
Immaculate Mary
On This Day, O Beautiful Mother
Dear Lady of Fatima

and best of all
Bring Flowers of the Rarest.

May Crowning also has some of the worst music though .. like that horrible Hail Mary, Gentle Woman song. My 8th grade boyfriend had to wear a yellow robe and do a liturgical dance to that one.

I was not the 1983 May Queen at my school. I was not even selected to be in the May Queen's court. I think the dirty looks I was giving to the crazy ex-nun who hated rock 'n roll, my feathered hair, and my tendency to wear purple eye shadow after school disqualified me.

I was in the choir though and, if I do say so myself, our songs were way better than this fruity one.

No comments:

Post a Comment