Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Adversity got a little bit bigger, realer, and meaner....

since my last post: boy trouble, sad sadness, feeling like I suck at my job, someone asking me if I was pregnant. Stuff like that weighs you down.

I am way off track on my running program, but I guess I feel okay with that. I am going to go back, repeat week three and carry on ... maybe tomorrow? No guarantees, my sleep has shifted with the weather and I have been up at 4 and dead to the world at 6:30.

I have had some amazing yoga classes the past week though (I will just pretend the week before that did not happen). Too broke to take a real vacation over labor day (and a bit sad about the trip that was suggested in July but then taken without me) I decided to pretend I was at Canyon Ranch, I think that is the one they talk about in Oprah Magazine.


There was no celebrity chef, there was no rain shower or massage appointment, there was no horseback riding or someone to pick up the big soft fluffy robe with the CR logo on the lapel .. but imagination; a green glass pitcher filled with water, cucumber slices and mint; and a bunch of yoga classes helped me live in fantasy land for three days.

One of my favorite teachers at yoga studio 1 also teaches at yoga studio 2, so I got the new student deal: 30 days for $30. I went to her class and then another teacher who I liked a lot too. Today I tried a third class at that studio and loved it. So right no, I feel like I have 3 teachers I love taking classes with, two teachers I really like taking classes with. Can't complain about that.

I have to say though, that I have had crazy thoughts -- likely brought on by the mint, headstand, and boy trouble -- about taking a tai chi class too.

Total yoga hours: 11
Remaining: 189

No comments:

Post a Comment