Sunday, August 18, 2013

Triumph over (tiny) adversity

This running program has been challenging in ways I didn't fully realize it would be challenging.

It's all that mind stuff.
Stuff that I have to push through in completing this running program that don't have to do with my lungs, muscles, heart or extra fat around the middle.

1. heat
2. sun
3. sweat that makes sunglasses slippery
4.the stupid c25k app crapping out after 18 seconds of my warm up and pocket dialing the last call I made
5. #4 again, after I set up a security code to try to stop that from happening
6. #4, and the fact that it happens to have pocket dialed a guy I am in the process of kind of breaking up with. And the perfect person to call at 6:45 am and leave a long heavy breathing message to is the guy you are in the process of kind of breaking up with.
7. Switching to another program mid-run after #4 happens, but only being able to set up a single interval. No: 90/90, 180/180, 90/90, 180/180 in the new one. SO setting it up to do 180 all the way through .. and resenting that extra time of running.
8. old stretchy pants that keep falling down and need to be hiked up every 3 strides
9. running past beer gardens and sucking in a big gulp of stale beer
10. running past street fair Oui Oui port-o-potties

All of those things really suck during the run.

But they also make you extra proud of making it to week 4, Day one in the morning!
And extra proud for setting the intervals for all 180s instead of all 90s.
And extra proud, during that last 180, for doing it all rather than walking early, because by rights you deserve it.

Bad weekend for yoga though, some maybe theater plans that did not pan out led to no Friday night yoga.
Saturday. my 3 hour yoga workshop was cancelled.
Today I had a day long board meeting and could not get to any classes.

So, tomorrow I do some yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment