Sunday, March 14, 2010

Best BBQ Beef Brisket Beer Bloat Brunch Big Brass Bed

I just met a friend for birthday weekend BBQ. We went to Smoque and then went to have cocktails. Right before we parted ways to waddle home, a certain favorite song came up in conversation. So I put it on my iPod while I was waiting for the train to pull in to the station. If you've never stood on the L platform on a sunny spring day, with the sun at your back and your shadow across the tracks, watching the wind blow your shadow hair up and down almost in sync with the opening harmonica of Out on the Weekend, you've missed out. Even on a boring day, that harmonica is possibly my 30 favorite seconds of music out of all music. Today, right as it ended, I stepped into the car, turned to face the door, and saw sunbeam-God playing peek-a-boo behind a sky full of puffy grey clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment