Sunday, March 7, 2010

Haggis and Black Pudding

My sister just left after a long weekend visit to Chicago. We spent a lot of time talking and drinking cocktails (the official cocktail from this visit was a ginger-lime Rickey) and listening to music. At one point, I put some Belle & Sebastian on and D. asked what we were listening to. I could not remember what year If You're Feeling Sinister came out so I looked it up and read the following Wikipedia description:

They are one of the best-known Scottish bands and are one of the most celebrated groups of the 1990s.

That got me thinking, how well known are other Scottish bands? What bands can I name off the top of my head? All I could come up with were:
Arab Strap
Donovan
Nazareth
Big Country
Bay City Rollers
Cocteau Twins

I was able to come up with a few more when I put my mind to the task a bit harder:
Jesus and Mary Chain
The Vaselines
The Blue Nile
Simple Minds
Proclaimers

I seem stuck in the 90s and I suppose that is good for me, I'm usually stuck in the 70s and 80s.

No comments:

Post a Comment