Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Horses, the Horses, The Horses ... are on the Track!

I woke up this morning with an overwhelming desire to listen to Patti Smith's Hey Joe. While I was listening, I read a message from my friend J. who was telling me that my last post sent her looking for her B&S so she could listen to Judy and Her Dream of Horses.

It's Horse Day!

While my sister and I were listening to JahDoH, I asked her if she had a girl in her grade that was obsessed with horses. In my grade it Karen G. and I think there is at least one in every grade school class. Karen G. had horse folders, horse shaped erasers, horse pencil cases. She doodled horses and if My Little Pony had been made back then I'm sure she would have owned them all. On the playground, Karen G. always wanted to play horses, a game that involved galloping around and making whinny noises. That's all I remember about Karen G. until, on the first day of 6th grade, she arrived with her unibrow plucked into two, shapely arches.

In honor of Horse Day, I'm not going to gallop to work (although I better get up and go to work soon!)but I'm going to listen to an old favorite instead. I'll listen to the Old and In the Way version on the walk to the bus.



I was talking about that scene (okay, the snakeskin boots)a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment