Sunday, January 15, 2012

Belly Full of BBQ Beef and Midwest IPA

IMAG0453

I really need to write something substantial. I've had a bunch of ideas and, honestly, the time but I have not had the energy. All I've done is little blurbs and some pictures.

Today I went to Lillie's Q and had some tri-tip and corn bread. I mostly went since I saw they had tapped the Bell's Hop Slam. Yum.

I also went to Myopic and bought some books: 4 mystery novels (going to dig into one right now); Bright Lights, Big City since I said I was going to try it, another copy of Sam Shepard Fool for Love since I gave away the other copy that I posted about in October; and a hardcover, 1974 edition of All the President's Men with a great book jacket that has a graph paper background.


I also stopped at Reckless records and returned a Bruce Springsteen CD and bought the Decemberist's album.

I really should not be buying anything, my credit card bill is out of control. I was looking at the monthly interest charged on my last statement and it is absolutely appalling. I've been amazingly irresponsible the past year, I understand why, but I need to make some major adjustments. I feel like I have been with my health, exercise, eating, drinking. Now I need to get my finances under control.

I should explore cheaper Internet access, cable bill is huge and I turned on the TV for the first time in weeks today to watch the Packers game -- until it made me too uptight. I can't watch sports, Republican debates or Republican politicians. It just raises my blood pressure too much.

I was sad for the Packers and for my Packer's loving friend. I'm not superstitious but I did hope that a belly full of BBQ beef and Midwest IPA would have sent out some good vibes and mojo.

Last and very least of my day's excitement, I am set on being a better freezer owner (renter). I have made sure to label correctly (with the re-usable labels I have around) the last four things I've frozen. I have way to many containers of frozen mystery soups, bean concoctions, and tomato-based somethings.

IMAG0457

No comments:

Post a Comment