Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Robot


The Robot died.
So I thought a bit about Lost in Space, not surprising that it was one of my favorites as a kid.

1. I remember walking around for weeks, okay, years, calling out "Dooooctor Smiiiiiiith." Like the alien lady in that one episode.

2. I thought the dad was more handsome than Don. I kind of hated Don.

3. My sister, Debbie, is four years older than I am. Debbie has blonde hair and I have brown hair. Debbie's best friend, Joy, also had brown hair. When we played Lost in Space, Debbie got to be Judy, because she was the older sister and had the right color hair. But Joy got to be Judy too ... because she wanted to be Judy. Since there were already two Judys, I didn't see why there could not be three.

They told me that I had to Penny, because I was the younger sister, I had brown hair, and my name (Jenny) rhymed.

Penny was cooler anyway.

4. Debbie and Joy also made up a song about me called "Jenny is my Cow. Mooo. Mooo." They obviously didn't grow up to be Bob Dylan.

5. I don't remember the first time I saw Vincent Price, but I know when I did, Dr. Smith was more famous to me. I thought VP looked a bit like him.

Thanks for the TV show, Robot guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment