Thursday, February 25, 2010

Children of the Revolution

I came home tonight to find a wonderful package in the mail from my friend K, who was in town for a visit last week. She sent me a book we had been talking about, a fabulous card with a retro camper and an owl, and a copy of a Linda Barry comic. She also wrote me a nice letter.

In honor of my friend K., I am going to post some T-Rex. While we were shopping at Quimby's Bookstore they were playing a song and she fell in love. This reminded me that last June, I was talking with a friend and a song popped into my head. I was trying to sing it to him and find out if it was real or not. My lame singing combined with a sketchy memory of lyrics earned me nothing but a pained look. I guess I don't sing like Marc Bolan. Google and Youtube set me straight and I sent him a follow up message with the subject line: T Rex, 1972! and a link to two videos. This first has great dancing:



And I think that Marc Bolan is wearing a jumpsuit in the seated, mime-face segments. Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment