Wednesday, February 3, 2010

When Art and Life are at Odds

For the first time in a long time I have a bunch of story ideas and want to write .. but work is so busy lately that I don't have time. I'm feeling pulled in a thousand directions, exhausted at the end of the day, too wound up to get to sleep on time, and tired when I wake up to do it all again.

I suppose it is the inability to sit down and work on my ideas that is making me feel like I have so many and really want to. We always want we we don't have; it's likely that if I had a less draining schedule and a day with a pen and paper I'd just sit there and doodle and think about how I wanted to sew instead but couldn't because I didn't have the right fabric.

Oddly enough, Bon Jovi inspired this flood of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment