Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dreams and Rest

What a relief to have some sleep.
Although I had strange dreams last night, strange for me at least.

I had a dream I was in a play, called Swamplandia like the new novel that is out. I had read the play once but never rehearsed. I know the first scene involved a long dialogue and then I had to play a trumpet part. I was nervous about all of that already but when we started to perform, another actor starting doing my dialogue and expecting me to respond. It was nothing like the play I had read but I knew I still had to play trumpet since I had the trumpet in my hand.

This morning, I listened to the NPR podcast that was playing when I fell asleep. There was a segment on the trumpet player Dave Douglas and then a review of the best books of 2011, which included Swamplandia.

I really need to stop falling asleep with podcasts on.

No comments:

Post a Comment