Sunday, December 4, 2011

Not Right Now


Just heard a Miranda Lambert cover of this song ... what's the point?
Eh. It was a bit too perky for my tastes.

Today I'd like to poke around in neighborhood shops for the holiday displays and events, but I really should not spend money. I have been spending like I actually have money rather than credit card debt. I've bought some really great things in the past month though! And I am wearing/using them a lot!

Let's see, what have I been spending money I don't have on:


Paperback edition of Moby-Dick in Pictures by Matt Kish.

And a pretty, simple, silver necklace on a long silver chain that goes with everything; a blue and green cuff bracelet that does not go with everything but has a nice burst of colors I like;a green backpack like bag made of recycled bottles that replaced my falling apart backpack that I was always worried I would lose my keys out of; a cool black purse made out of tire rubber that is the perfect size to carry a magazine.

Not really the hoard that someone who is trying to pay off her debt should have! And drinks and dinners and going to movies and storytelling events is not what I should be doing either. And last night I sat around contemplating how I should get an iPad and even looked at how I could use Pages to work with Word documents for work. The spirit of Consumer Holiday has obviously hit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment