Friday, December 23, 2011

GreensDay

Big Ideas and Big Talker here again.
I have a plan.
I guess I should say I have planS.

Even though I have always failed at every attempt at menu planning, tracking food or calories, making workout plans, training programs, saving, credit card repayment schedules ... just about anything that takes sustained effort related to diet, exercise or financial planning ... hope springs eternal and always lives barely below my surface.*

And, in the midst of my need to save money, lose 30 pounds, eat out less, and replace those restaurant meals with healthy options - I've been inspired. By a pretty picture of bok choy that I tore out of a magazine on the train trip home over Thanksgiving.

I want to make one new "greens" recipe each week in 2012. And I'm going to start early and do it for these last days of 2011.

I'd also like to try two new vegetarian recipes each month. That has been inspired by some of the beautiful photos I've seen on some of the Twitter links I've followed.

I can do that, right?
Right.

The other thing I have decided to is to clean up some of the self-pity in this blog over the past three months so i could potentially share it. Before I moved it, my friend "Lars" had the address. Since I moved it, I have not sent him the link since it moved from fun food adventures into self-pity mixed tape with barely veiled comments to another friend I'm not talking with directly these days.

To celebrate my return to delicious food fixation, I might buy some small, pretty plates so when I take pictures they won't look so drab and similar.

*This is the meaning I've decided to take away from a lesson I mentioned to a friend the other day. Hope and renewal is always so close and easy for me to access. Even in my most cynical and depressed stages, I think I am an optimist at heart. My challenge is to sort through the hope and choose which ones to act on. Choose to nurture the hopes that nurture me and learn to accept reality even in the face of hopes that no longer make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment