Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas to Me!


I just had one of the most amazing meals of my life!
I decided to try a new recipe with a new ingredient for me: persimmons.

It was so interesting to be adding ingredients to the pan and have absolutely no idea how it would taste.

Onions and olive oil.
Okay.
Add serrano.
Okay.
Chopped persimmons?
No clue.
Ground ginger and mustard? With that? Really?
And now brown sugar and cider vinegar?
Alright.

That chutney topped off roasted fennel-onion-garlic-walnuts and white bean cakes.

I intentionally did not taste anything ahead of time, I waited until it was plated. I know that did not allow me to test seasoning, but I figured I could do that with the next batch: I wanted the fun of raising a fork to my lips and having no idea what I would get. I'm so glad that on top of that, it turned out to be delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment