Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Home is not your *#$%^&@ Walmart!

I'm really tired of coming home to a wide open door or window to find that someone has broken or jimmied a window while I was out, climbed into my apartment, and stolen all my stuff.

When it happened in February, it was really annoying (I had just bought a stupid new TV because of the digital signal thing)but I was able to shake it off relatively quickly. This time, I feel much more violated. The burglars moved some backyard furniture under a window, easily pushed up an insecure latch, gently moved my fern off the window sill, and climbed in. They clearly spent some time shopping through my house as opposed to the grab and run with my TV and DVD player last time.

This time they stole 2 pillow cases (to load up my stuff), TV, DVD player, laptop, digital camera, my iPod shuffle, and my Pentax K-1000. They didn't seem to like my jewelry but did take a black onyx ring my mom bought me for high school graduation and a sterling silver, celtic knot pin I bought in Scotland. I did not realize the ring, the pin and the K-1000 were gone until well after the police left. They must have contemplated stealing the blue kimono hanging on my door, pulled out the stuff under my bed, went through my underwear drawer, and searched my closets.

I'm not overly attached to my things but I also can't afford to replace all the stuff that could be replaced right now either. I have to say that the pillow on the bed that was touched so they could take the pillow case, that's going into the dumpster because it feels all dirty and touched by evil. I've also lost all the photos on my memory card, many backed up on my laptop, and it really bothers me that someone could look through my photographs.

I just spent all stupid morning changing passwords and I had to call the bank yesterday in case any of the accounts I may set to auto login would give information to someone to get into other accounts. Unlikely but better safe than sorry.

The only bright spots here are that I had my big iPod with me and once again the burglars did not like my Dyna stereo. That on top of the fact that I wasn't in my apartment at the time and bludgeoned to death do make me feel better but not quite enough to keep me from waking up a dozen times in the middle of last night with a stomach ache from stress and anxiety.

%$%* you, burglar! You are a dirty, pathetic piece of crap that will never accomplish anything with your life at the rate you are going. I hope you enjoy your time skulking in alleys trying to figure out if there are mean dogs inside a house or not. I hope you like it back there with the rabid rats and trash. That last guy, I could even generate a glimmer of perspective that in this bad economy, desperate people do despicable things like snatch a TV to pawn. But new burglar, when you went shopping though my costume jewelry drawer and decided there was nothing very valuable there but hey, maybe your girlfriend would like my ring, you crossed even that line. And bring your own bags and keep your hands off my pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment