Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanks, Freddie


Eighteen years ago today Freddie Mercury died. I don't know why that is one of the dates I always remember. November 24? Freddie Mercury died. One of my oddest memories of a November 24 was emailing with a guy in 2003, setting up a home-made lasagne dinner date for the following week. I remember thinking as we chatted back and forth "hey, Freddie Mercury died today" but deciding not to mention it. I didn't know the guy very well and the night we met we talked about Bell Bottom Blues and the album Zuma.

Busting out the Freddie Mercury before a first date seemed risky .... I don't think these days I'd hold back. Love me, love lasagne, love Queen.

My friend J. says I should not even bother with a Battle of the Jumpsuits because Freddie automatically wins. I'm not saying he won't win but I think his competitors deserve a shot. In honor of Freddie's passing then, I will pull together my Jumpsuit Warriors this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment