Wednesday, November 11, 2009

R.I.P Pentax K-1000


(photo from the website www.foundphotography.com)

I'm slowly getting over my burglar hostility and might be able to sleep tonight without an OTC sleeping pill and podcasts playing in my ears to drown out all the bumps in the night.

I'm not getting over the loss of my Pentax K-1000 though. Although my laptop is the biggest inconvenience (I lost all my digital photos and several pieces of writing in addition to personal information), my Pentax is the most painful. It doesn't matter that I haven't used it often in the past few years. That was the camera I used in my first photography class, that was the camera that went with me to Scotland, Ireland, Australia and Japan even when I knew it was impractical to take the extra weight when I was bringing my little Powershot already.

Perhaps a photo memory montage set to Terry Jacks would help me heal? If I had a laptop and some digital images I just might inflict the world's fruitiest camera memorial on all three of my readers.

So long Pentax K-1000, I hope you end up in a nice clean pawn shop and that you are matched up with a lovely macro lens that I always wanted to buy you but could never quite afford.

2 comments:

  1. "If I had a laptop and some digital images I just might inflict the world's fruitiest camera memorial on all three of my readers."

    made me laugh out loud. Glad you're feeling a bit better. :love:

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun........" I think you have to be a woman of a certain age to instantly hear that at the mention of Terry Jacks.

    I love that you are able to find some humor in this situation! :)

    ReplyDelete