Sunday, December 20, 2009

Keep on Truckin'



Yesterday, after a late night out drinking red wine and talking with my friend B. about Progressive Rock and David Mamet, I had a red wine hangover. I didn't have a headache or stomach ache or any of the usual symptoms, but I was unable to drag myself out of bed or away from my Netflix on demand feature. I watched 14 hours of Monarch of the Glen. Today, I took a long walk to try to shake off the bedsores and break the connection to bad BBC.

While I was out, something rare and pretty great happened.

A beat up Ford pickup rolled to a stop next to me with Bringin'on The Heartbreak blaring out the poorly sealed windows. The driver took advantage of the red light to take his hands off of 10 and 2, play drums on the steering wheel, headbang, and sing out proud.

I realized I don't hear much Def Leppard coming out of cars these days and I don't see many beat up trucks either. My liberal, green, tree hugger self likes that so many old gas guzzlers are off the road. They've been replaced with cleaner and more efficient models. But my eyeballs really miss old cars, not "classic" cars but just plain old cars. Cars that don't all look the same and don't are not painted taupe or moss. I wish someone would invent a super cheap way to drop spiffy new engines and working parts into cool older cars.



The skin tight, high waisted, red satin pants in this video are also rare and pretty great.

2 comments:

  1. "Rick Allen looks weird. What's up with him... Oooooh, he still has both arms."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two arms trumps flag diaper in the world of weird!

    ReplyDelete