Thursday, December 31, 2009

My My My, Whiskey and Rye



I promised a Joan Jett solo jumpsuit post, New Year's Eve is the perfect time because I have great memories of 1984 MTV Rockin' New Year's Eve. It was a slumber party but I can't remember if it was my friend Nancy or my friend Kris who was there. I'm pretty sure my friend Stacey was there. We were too young to go out for NYE, but we wished we were out doing something exciting. Joan Jett was on and at some point we noticed she missed a spot when she shaved her armpits. We all wished we were older, sipping champagne, out for the big party, and with a cute date. We didn't know yet that pizza and girlfriend sleep over was way better than any of those things. The near future would bring me boring NYE at St. Andrews Hall with Goober and the Peas and lots of dashed high hopes. Staying up late with Joan Jett is the one that sticks in my mind.



In terms of the jumpsuit, she's got fringe leather, she's got 80s puffy sleeves. Joan Jett, you rock the the jumpsuit with the big boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment