Saturday, January 9, 2010

Good-bye Little Buddy

I'm taking a moment to recognize the efforts in music put forth by my 5th Generation iPod -- Late 2006, Service Contract Expired.

It keeps jamming up; it's whirring, grinding, and spinning. Tonight, it won't sync anymore but it is valiantly fighting against showing me the iPod face of death.

This iPod went to Japan with me, watched my first episode of Battlestar Galactica with me, and never balked when I wanted to listen to every single version of Cowgirl in the Sand I have, back to back. It suffered the indignity of having *NSYNC O Holy Night loaded on it, and played the STYX that inspired dancing that gave both my friend H. and I whiplash for days after. We played hundreds of games of solitaire on the bus together and listened to Junot Diaz. It was the only portable electronic device not stolen in the great Autumn theft of 2009. I honor you with Nell Carter.

No comments:

Post a Comment