Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Shooting Fish in a Barrel

I'm in a weird dream phase.

Last night I had one that involved a huge, muddy pit filled with water that was inexplicable clear. People lined the sides of the pit with harpoon guns while a man with a giant, inflatable fin swam back and forth. I didn't have a harpoon gun and asked the guy standing next to me how people could be sure they'd hit the fin and not the guy.

So this morning I listened to Moby Dick while searching the Internet for a song that had the lyrics "shooting fish in a barrel." I didn't find one and I'm pretty disappointed. There must be one out there, right?

I did find a thread with that title at the Gordon Lightfoot forums though. That made me feel a bit better but I won't be satisfied until I get that phrase in a song. It will probably be a country song.

5 comments:

  1. http://mog.com/music/Christy_McWilson/Bed_of_Roses/Shooting_Fish_in_a_Barrel

    ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, a good one from my Japanese research assistant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time I have business cards made up, that is totally going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technically you are my Canadian Research Assistant from the Japan Office.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent, that sounds even more impressive.

    ReplyDelete