Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm pretty sure the next love of my life


is interested in a special race of old Swedish cows.

Having decided that online dating, speed dating, and ummm, any kind of dating are not for me, I've decided on the plan B. The same plan I've used for the past 20 years -- meet a random guy while out and about and drift into a relationship. Sure it hasn't worked out so great and sure the pickings are slimmer these days, but it's got better odds than engaging in email chat with the guy who sent me a message about "Neil Young's cover of Pants on the Floor."

So I've picked up my lapsed subscription to Time Out Chicago and will try to make myself get out more often. Tonight, this event caught my eye:

Swedish Cows: Slow Art, An Audiovisual Journey in Stillness is a mixture of artistic expression through the use of various mediums, including: glass, textile, photography, video, light, and sound. The goal of the display is to exhibit stillness with inspirational objects using fantasy lighting, slow moving video impressions, and wonderful sounds. Facts and cultural history, about a special race of old Swedish cows – Friendship Cows – will be tied into the exhibition.

mooooooooooo

*true confession: that is not a Swedish cow, it is a Scottish cow that I met along the Great Glen Way.

No comments:

Post a Comment