Monday, January 18, 2010

Life meets Art


I just ran over to Jimmy Johns for lunch.

While I was eating, the kids working the counter had The Wall blaring over the speakers and a mom was having lunch with her maybe 3 year old son at the table next to me. The little boy was racing his Hot Wheels around the table and was aiming right for her giganto-sized soda that was precariously balanced by the table's edge when suddenly she shouted HEY! in unison with the song.

It was so startling that I almost tossed my sandwich up in the air. I managed to hold on but did get a lap full of lettuce. I really hope I don't get mayo stains on my favorite new shirt that I think is very flattering on me if I do say so myself!

*True confession: The little boy was not playing with Hot Wheels. I only wanted him to be playing with Hot Wheels. He had some sort of orange plastic train cargo car and that car with the face from the animated movie that was out a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment