Saturday, November 19, 2011

Data Curation, Linux, DAMS, ingest protocol, db.ini

I know life needs change.
I remember that from the points of change I've had, I still feel the haze of stagnation from the past couple of years.

I used to think I was good at the chaotic points of transition.
I was the one who made the quick decision to move out of state without a job and no friends when I got to the unknown location.

I'm supposed to be brave.
I'm supposed to be capable.
I'm supposed to adjust to what comes my way.

I'm not feeling that way right now.
I feel like I don't know what I'm doing with this new job. Very practical, knowledge-based things I just don't know. And I question when, if ever, I will be able to obtain the required knowledge.
I also feel so tired at the thought of trying to learn new things.

I'm only 43 (will be in March)but feel like one of the unfortunate, laid off seniors who are facing a job market that asks for radically different skill sets. I am lucky that my current skills are not undervalued, it's based on that reputation I've been asked to do this. But this is amazingly hard and a bit ego crushing.

I sit in meetings and feel like this is me:


I don't think I've ever related to a Republican Presidential candidate so much!

And now it is off to work for a few things. I purchased a book from Amazon, by an instructor from IIT that is one of our consultants on a project, that I hope is there. About web design.

I also hope I find my lost CTA card sitting on my desk. I suppose I should have made more of a fuss last night about losing my CTA card than losing Something.

No comments:

Post a Comment