Tuesday, November 1, 2011

First Roast Chicken of Autumn

For a woman taking vicodin (Norco, actually) I was super manic yesterday.
For a woman who just had toe surgery I was on on my feet all day.
And for a woman who was on painkillers and on her feet all day I sure had a hard time falling asleep last night.

After surgery, Megan, one of my catalogers, met me so they could discharge me. We took a taxi to Handlebar and then headed of home. M. doesn't come to this side of town often, she's a Red Line kind of person. I went to the pharmacy to get my Norco and a chicken. I did rest for a couple hours, watching more Deep Space Nine but not sleeping, before I went out to the porch to pass out candy to kids. I enjoyed that, lots of saying hello to neighbors walking dogs and parents. Most of the kids were younger and cute.

After that I was really riled up. I think I wanted some human connection, I know I wished I could spend the evening (a lifetime of evenings) with B.

So I roasted a chicken.
And I made some stuffing.
And I made an orange-ginger thing that I will use in a recipe I'm making up for pumpkin bread.

I also made lunch plans with Chris today. Writing class is not far from his house so I am going to meet him at 2:30, hang out and have lunch and then go write in a coffee shop until class starts at 6:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment