Thursday, November 10, 2011

Writing in Books

As a rare book librarian, people assume I am against writing in books and think I probably shudder when I see someone turn a corner to mark their page.

I do both of these things all the time.

I like to make a book mine, I don't mind when I drip salad dressing on the pages or when I eat a big juicy cheeseburger and the condiments blob onto my pages, it's part of my memory of reading the book.

Recently, I've been working through Dark Stuff and I've wanted to put the date when I read the book. I've also been curious about when the article was originally written, so I have been checking the credits up front before I start to to read and putting it under the title.

Someone else can take care of creating the archive, this book is MINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment