Monday, October 10, 2011

Blimps

Grilled cod brings strange dreams.

I just remembered that last night I had a dream that I was at a giant outdoor church service (bad enough) and I was wearing a long, Little house on the Prairie kind of dress. There were a bunch of blimps circling the grounds and they were going really fast. One of them started to crash and people were running around like crazy, like it was the Hindenburg disaster but the blimp was more deflating like a parade balloon. I saw it land on top of what appeared to be several rows of pews and all of a sudden felt heroic. I lifted my skirts and ran to the site of the crash, thinking I could save some of the people on the ground or maybe from inside the blimp.

When I got there, it turned out that it was some sort of crash-and-pop-up stand and they were selling corn dogs and cotton candy. The people at the counter were kind of sheepish about the trick and I knew they were just employees, but I was really mad that they would scare and manipulate people like that.

Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment