Thursday, October 13, 2011

Blub

I feel really fat and yucky today.

I suppose that right after talking about all the early week wine, I can't generate any sympathy for this fat feeling, but self pity is something that can be generated in all circumstances!

I have to go to a work dinner tonight. We are launching the public phase of a fundraising campaign and I guess between my past experience in development and my recent connection with projects they like to hold up and show off, I am now on the "B" list of staff who get invited to these things. Usually it is just the vice-presidents, department managers and research center directors who get to mingle with the rich people.

But I am going and have to wear "cocktail" attire. I also have to work at the Genealogy desk up until half an hour before the party and dinner begin so I settled on my long sleeved, dark blue dress with metallic beads. It comes a bit above the knee and is cute enough ... but I look like I am 4 months pregnant and my stomach ruins the shape and angles of the dress. I also feel bloated (because I am) and have a crop of tiny pimples on the left side of my face. Oh, and my hair is greasy. So much for this surgery taking care of my PMS difficulties .. the last 2 months since then have been worse than ever.

I should also note that this feeling is not stopping me from hiding a bag of Swedish Fish in my purse by my desk and occasionally slipping one into my mouth. We're not allowed to eat at our desks.

<-- rebel

No comments:

Post a Comment