Monday, October 17, 2011

The Joy of Cooking and My Eyeball Again

In a sick twist of life, this afternoon I had people at work stopping to congratulate me when I was just trying to rush out the door so I wouldn't cry at work. That sadness from yesterday, or is it this year or the past eight, just kept coming back and, by the end of the day after even more stupid news piled on everything else, I couldn't control it any more.


Congratulations were due to a work email I sent out announcing the completion of part of a big project I coordinate. Good news and completed projects are rare enough in life that everyone enjoys celebrating when it happens. This afternoon the congratulations felt like a sick joke though.

Also, I think my theory of eyecolor is probably crackpot .. but I do think I have dark circles under my eyes today.

$24 spent on a a workshop planning lunch today.

I'm afraid there won't be much joy or cooking going on in this journal for the foreseeable future. For one thing, I have so many casseroles and food made up to finish from the last two weeks and on the other I'm not much in the mood.

I'll try not to turn this into a weep fest though.
That reminds me, this song always makes me feel better.




Blixa Bargeld has awesome hair.
I have to decide if I am going to take a hot bath and crawl into bed early or drag myself to the gym for another Couch to 5k workout. I told myself if I did not go to the gym 10 times in October (count started on the 15th!) I had to cancel my membership. And I keep feeling fat and my pants hurt. With tough days ahead of me, a gym routine would probably be an especially good thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment