Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sunday Lunch



Just spent $78.59 at the grocery store, I had to get some pantry staples (soy sauce, rice wine, dijon) and restock my walnuts and almonds, and bought some beef and tuna so the bill was bit high.

I'm having a hard time menu planning, so many meals are eaten away from home this week, all my lunches and two dinners. And cooking for one means trying to cut recipes in half, having leftovers to freeze, or eating the same thing over and over. I don't mind that, but when you are menu planning and looking at a world of food it feels depressing to slot the same green-chili chicken stew three days in a row.

Whine whine whine. I'm sure this will get easier and it is hardly the worst problem in the world to have a kitchen full of food, the ability to walk up 4 blocks to restock just about any ingredient I am missing, and an interest (and some talent) to make myself delicious meals.

I've got the perishables in the fridge and now I need to get dressed and walk over to Chicago Dramatists to see The Kid Thing with Lars and his boyfriend, who I will call "Tim." As far as I know that is the only name Tim has. Lars is going hard core and, instead of getting wine at the play, plans on going with soft drinks. My rules for myself are more lenient, I will be enjoying wine. My alcohol rule is that I can have it for already planned social events that involve something else than sitting around drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment