Thursday, October 20, 2011

Trick or Treat, Smell my Feet

... or maybe play Freddie Kruger, slice open my toes, whack down a bone and sew me up again.

I will be spending my Halloween in the Chicago Podiatric Surgeons operating room. I went in yesterday, had X-rays, had blood drawn, peed in the cup and scheduled the time. I decided that October 31 is already going to suck so much I might as well just make it official by scheduling in some pain they will prescribe pain killers for! Maybe, since I will have a big foot bandage, I can just plan on doing a mummy costume and I can sit on my porch, hopped up on pain pills with a giant bowl of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups while the small handful of kids come by. It doesn't compare to a romantic trip to NYC with the man I love, but that Halloween treat has already been taken so I'll just have to make the most of my Halloween trick.

Other news of yesterday, I did workout four of ten and I am impressed by my going. I was rained on while getting to the bus and waiting, when it got there it was jam packed full of high school kids. I had to get off the bus at the Chicago Avenue Blue Line stop to let people out and I figured, if I hop on the Blue Line I could get off right by the gym. So I did. The weather was horrible and I wanted to go home, or go sit in the beer and pizza place, so I think I deserve yet another prize. Since I'm not getting one, I decided to send in an extra $30 to my bill. I figure I would have spent that much if I had gone out to eat and drink.

Yesterday was not my all time favorite day, I won't go into details but it felt very much like the first 24 hours of the new reality. It was lonely.

I did make a nice dinner of sesame noodles, sauteed orange/red peppers and zucchini, and an over easy egg with black sesame seeds. Read some Edgar A. Poe for the bookclub meeting I think I will skip tonight, drank some decaf Earl Grey, unclogged my slow draining bathtub, and went to sleep.

Woke up at 4:35am, went to the gym (number five of 10) and now I'm getting ready to go to work and start this whole charade all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment