Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hot Beef and Umeboshi


This was not my breakfast this morning, it was breakfast many mornings ago in Japan. I posted it today though, because I was thinking of my morning preferences. People think I am weird (though I do have millions of people in Asia on my side!) but I like lean, savory protein. I really liked getting fish for breakfast when I was in Japan. I admit the bowl of crunchy little eels was not my favorite. The pictured breakfast was pretty funny, I think they decided to give me the western special and toss on that giant sausage.

This morning I seared the rest of my tuna steak and warmed up the left over rice and veggies. Kept me full for hours! I also had a great late lunch at about 3:30pm. Monday night I put a cheap beef roast in my crock pot along with the onion pepper relish from my CSA that I wanted to use up. I brought some of that in along with a bratwurst bun that I had in my freezer. It was delicious.

I've had a few eat out expenses the past two days due to two work meetings and then snack before writing class. Total cost: $23.29.



This giant fake french toast was part of a window display promoting American breakfast options within. I love that it looks like they use an entire loaf of bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment