Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tricky Dick and Rock Stars

I'm trying to read unread New Yorkers and books I started and didn't finish. There are tons of them! The past two years I get 3/4 finished with a book (non-fiction, I usually finish fiction) and then get distracted with a new book instead.




Right now I have identified the following to read:
Nixonland
Ozzy
Bowie
Life (Keith Richards)
Phish the Biography
Dark Stuff (Nick Kent)
Nick Cave: Sinner Saint

hmmmm, minus Nixon there is a bit of a them there of music. With Nixon there is still the theme of biography. And men. On the side of the ladies, the only music biography I did finish lately has been Just Kids. Although I suppose you could argue that is not about Patti Smith but about Robert Maplethorpe.

Busy day for me and I'm trying to get myself into a good place, not easy to do with everything I see when I close my eyes and imagine in the back of my mind at all times.
I need to go grocery shopping to stock up and need to get house cleaned completely so it is ready to laze about for two days.
I need to do laundry and I think I will roast a chicken and then make a chicken pot pie to heat up tomorrow for dinner.
I want to get a pumpkin and carve it.
I want to get some potting soil and take care of a bunch of plants.
I need to lug my air conditioner to the back room.
I need to remove screens and put down storm windows in several windows.
And maybe I will make an apple pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment