Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dawn's Early Light

I've been awake since 4am.
It is 40 degrees.
I'm headed out the door to the gym for number three of 10.

One of the benefits of being 42 and having played this dumped and depressed game before is that I know myself. I will have insomnia. I will cry if I have anything at all to drink. I will cry anyway. I will not want to do anything but it will be worse if I don't do anything. Exercise will help even though nothing really helps.

One of the downsides of being 42 and heading out to the gym at 5:15am after a fitful night of sleep is that my left ankle just made that cracking noise while a pain shot through it and my right knee feels a bit wonky.

Maybe I'll see the sun rise on the way to the gym though, that would be nice. No, they say 7:06am and my workout this morning is only 35 minutes. Maybe on the walk home.

I'll try not to be in the locker room at least ... better get moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment