Saturday, October 22, 2011

Strut

I thought maybe the lesson of the Saturday Night Fever TV gods might be that I should finally watch Stayin' Alive. I've never seen it so tonight I Netflixed it.

Good job TV gods, I didn't know anything could make me laugh so much. Stupid movie with awful hair and clothes and cheeseball dancing ... exactly what I needed. Watching John Travolta dance around in a silver diaper was awesome. Nice Sylvester Stallone cameo in the big fur coat too.

Perfect for a day with a hangover. Too much wine and a bit too much emotion yesterday. Went out with two of my catalogers, M. & J., after a presentation. I pretty much just did introductions and advanced the slides, they did all the work. But we celebrated a bit too much and toward the end things got a bit messy. There is a bit of rivalry between them, at least on the part of M. Makes things awkward sometimes. And I worry I don't handle the situation well sometimes, especially after lots of wine. I hope I didn't make things more of a big mess.

On top of that, I probably shared a bit too much about my personal situation with J. I like her quite a bit and, if I was not her supervisor and there was not this strange situation, would likely be better friends with her even though she is quite a bit younger than I am. We live close, shared a taxi home and then stopped off at my house and ordered pizza. I was already feeling a bit rattled, the waiter at the place we went to celebrate happened to be a guy who was in a play with B. a few months ago.
Over pizza and beer I shared a bit with J. about being sad and disappointed and why. Probably not the wise thing to do with a friend from work and someone I am supposed to boss around as part of my job!

An eventful few days ... lazing around today made me realize just how stretched thin and anxious I am about everything going on, including this new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment