Tuesday, October 18, 2011

More than a Woman

I am so tired I feel like I am going to drop.
I'll wait until tomorrow to recap my evening, but I just wanted to check in with myself to acknowledge that I'm glad I went to class. This fatigue and insomnia is not going to go away anytime soon, I need to just keep going forward and not hiding in my house.

For the second time in a week I turned on the TV and found Saturday Night Fever, at the exact same point of the movie too, the More than a Woman rehearsal scene into the You Should be Dancin' club scene. I wonder what the Gods, also known as the TV, are trying to tell me. Find a disco class? Start talking with a fake Brooklyn accent? Strut down the street more often? I'm pretty sure they warn me against playing on bridges and getting stoned and screwing two men who don't really like me but ...... speak to me more clearly, TV Gods!

Tony, you need to call Bobby C. tonight!

Maybe SNF could become my "movie" like B. has "movies". His movies are Apocalypse Now and The Deerhunter. Several times a month at least he gets home from whatever he's doing and puts one of those on until he falls asleep to it. A few years ago he was watching Sideways and American Movie all the time too but I think he's put those two on the back burner. But thinking about B. and his movies makes me sad and I don't need sad before bed.

I also want to watch couple number 15, the Puerto Rican couple, dance but don't need to see all the women of Saturday Night Fever get raped and watch Bobby C. die again!

No comments:

Post a Comment