Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Preserved Lemons

I just made another large payment on my bill and started two jars of preserved lemons.

I love bakoula, a dish I had at Andalous, a Moroccan restaurant in Chicago. Their harira is wonderful too. I don't live close by though, so I don't go there often. I have found a bakoula recipe I like quite a bit; I made it a month or so ago for my sister's annual party and everyone loved it even though it was surrounded by tons and tons of other amazing treats. I can't wait until these lemons are ready and I can make some more. My plan is to keep my fridge stocked with lemons all through the winter. I'd also like to get a sour dough starter going and maybe a "Herman" too. When I was a kid, my mom and my Aunt Sue swapped Herman for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment