Monday, October 3, 2011

Starving with Edamame


I feel like I am on a diet because I am hungry a lot of the time this weekend and today. I've been eating a 7 grain cereal + cornmeal + nuts for breakfast and hot cereal breakfast always leave me STARVING within two hours. I just don't get this "filling" thing that people talk about with oatmeal. Or nuts for that matter.

Today I brought snacks of apple, orange, string cheese and edamame ... I've already plowed through all but the orange. For lunch I have some of the green-chili chicken stew and some crispy corn meal. I'm trying not to eat too soon, leaving me with a long afternoon. I think I am adjusting to not having as much high calorie, fat and salt laden restaurant food that is more filling than .... edamame. I better lose some weight at the end of all this since my stomach is grumbling and I am obsessed with my next meal all the time!

Speaking of which, I can't wait to make dinner tonight-- seared ahi tuna, a side of sauteed garlicky mizuna and radish greens and radishes, sesame rice. After dinner, I want to go to Quimbys to listen to people from The2ndHand. I also have to finish my homework writing assignment for class tomorrow so we'll see if I have time for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment