Tuesday, October 25, 2011

New Start

I'm going to try to plant my blog seed here. I enjoy it, I enjoy strangers visiting occasionally. I don't mind writing for myself. I have a small group of friends I share the location with. But I don't enjoy having someone I knew, not closely, many years ago continue to track down my blogs and log in multiple times a day. I realize it is not realistic to do things publicly on the internet and expect any privacy .. but I guess I still think it is realistic to expect people you know in real life to respect boundaries you set with them. When you never open up about your life in conversation, when you don't choose to keep phone or email contact with someone, when you decline friend requests, you say you are not interested in a sharing friendship.

And I think it is weird for that person to continue to seek you out online.
Every now and again out of curiosity, sure.
Daily? No.

So whatever. It was not wise to just stop blogging for a year and then start a new one with the same email. And I suppose exporting the content of my old blogs .. some of them I would like to keep .. could lead to weird tracking down of the new spot. Hope springs eternal and I just keep thinking if none of my friend friends find the need to peep around looking for me, why does someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment